I really should finish June since July is almost done. lol Only two more topics for this month. I was having some challenges with iPhoto uploading my July photos, but now everything is good. It was simple I just didn’t know it. 🙂 Oh well.
5. Sign I was given this little sign with a big message to keep me inspired in my business. It’s fun and cute and well, I like the theme.
Sign – Dream Big
17. In your bag Father’s Day gift. I missed getting my dad’s gift photoed, bummer. This is what we gave hubby’s dad. Kinda a gag gift with sentimental value. I was given this weird “doll” before my hubby and I started dating. Then I was invited to his family reunion in Yellow Stone. It was threatened that I would have to “camp”. (I don’t do camping well.) Luckily we were in “cabins”. Anyway, I decide to bring this silly doll along “Not a happy camper” and the person that was the most unhappy on the trip would have to wear it. Oh did I mention we drove with his family part way… Ends up Pa had to wear it a couple of time. I have a photo I can’t find of him wearing it. It’s really funny. When we got married it was buried in a box of “stuff”. I found it right before Father’s Day. It made Pa laugh and remember that trip to Yellow Stone 14 years ago.
I have been wondering if I should post the list of the photo a day so you can see it. Would you like that? Here are the days that I’ll be doing in this blog, 3, 7, 8, & 14, all related to food somehow…
3. On your plate We have a Sunday dinner tradition of eating with my parents and grandfather. Hubby doesn’t get to go but the boys love it. You’d think it would be roast and potatoes or something like that. You’d be wrong. We go to a place called Giant Hamburger. They really do have great burgers and french fries. The thing the boys like best is if they’ve eaten their dinner well they get to share a piece of pie, chocolate pie. Here is what was on my plate.
On my plate – burger and fries, yum!
7. Drink Do you get the souvenir cup from Harkins? It really is a great deal even if you only go a few times a year. The boys had just enjoyed using their cup at Summer Movie Fun.
Drink – Harkins Cup
8. Six O’Clock I am so bad at getting the actual time that is requested. Here is the closest I could get that day. We were having dinner again with the grandparents.
6 o’clock – Dinner with the boys.
14. Time 5:00PM Somewhere… I had the opportunity to have a Mom’s Night Out with some of the moms from the kindergarten class. They are some fun ladies. I had a lovely glass of wine with them.
What fun! National Doughnut Day. Who doesn’t like doughnuts, especially FREE ones. I didn’t eat any since I am still on my no sweets commitment… life change… thing. I took my mom and the boys over to our FAVORITE doughnut shop, Krispy Kreme. I have loved this place since I was a kid and my dad use to take my brother and I once a week after we dropped my mom at work. Good memories. Anyway, you can see them making the doughnuts through a window and the kids love it. (OK me too.)
1. Morning At National Doughnut Day. We had to wait in this crazy line, since everyone was there for a free doughnut.
Morning – waiting in line and saw a Vintage sign on the wall
We of course didn’t just get our free doughnut we had to get a dozen…
17. Snack This really is one of my snacks not for the boys. I have given up sweets and want to increase my protein. It is an ongoing process.
18. Something you made I have always been intimidated by the thought of canning. I appreciate foods that are canned but never really thought that I would do it. A few friends and I got together to learn how. I participated in making strawberry jam. Sooo yummy! and way easier than I ever thought it would be. I think canning is best as a group activity. Not sure I would do it by myself.
Something you made – Strawberry Jan
27. Something Sweet We celebrated my brother in law’s birthday and this is the yummy cake they got for him. Wish I could have eaten some.
When I first met my husband I totally “offended” his friend by drinking pink boxed wine. Oh the horror! lol I really just had no idea and I have a sweet tooth so most wines were just to bitter. I have since expanded my palette and learned to enjoy a variety of wines none of which are pink.
21. Bottle(s) – Wine rack. I think it’s time to have some friends over for dinner so we can share some of these.
Bottle - Wine
We save the corks, and have our friends sign and date them. We have a fun collection.
I have had really good eye site for as long as I can remember. So you can image how not being able to read the color names on my lip colors can be frustrating…
5. Tiny Names on the bottom of my BeautiControl Lip Color – Fire & Ice
Tiny Words - Fire & Ice
6. Lunch I didn’t have anything fun or exciting for lunch so I thought it would be funny to take a photo of hubby’s lunch. I lovingly pack his lunch for him before he heads off to work. It saves us so much money and it’s healthier for him too. Plus leftovers get eaten, everyone is happy.
Lunch - to go
7. Shadow I thought is was funny that on Easter Day the topic was Shadow… Not egg? bunny? CHOCOLATE?? Nope, Shadow. This was taken while the boys where hunting for EGGS, eating CHOCOLATE, talking about BUNNY’s
Have you ever just had so much on your plate that you’ve had to step back for a bit, even from something you enjoy? I have still been taking the photo a day challenge but needed to get some other things taken care of before I jumped back into this part of my silly blog. I am still in catch up mode. I may be from here on out. Who knows. 🙂
22. Kitchen Sink I really really did not want to photograph my kitchen sink. Most of the time there is something in it, like, oh, dishes. Even after I get all the dishes washed not five minutes later there is more. UGH! Here you have my sink with Pasta in a colander. One of my boys favorite meals AND one of the messiest.
Sink - with pasta
25. Breakfast Yes, we have the breakfast of champions at my house. The boys have really been in to crunch berry cereal or waffles with juice or milk. Of course they have to be on colorful plates, bowls and cups.