I had the privilege to put on a Switch & Ditch fundraiser for AZ Assist a local (Arizona) nonprofit that assists young adults with autism and their families. It is impressive what they have been able to do for there clients with the little recognition they’ve received.
It was the largest Switch & Ditch to date. The ladies had a great time and were able to learn more about AZ Assist. I am still taken back on the amount of clothing that ends up being left over after all is said and done. It was all donated to Fresh Start Treasures. I love the win – win – win – win concept. 🙂 I think they are starting to get to know me over there as I have dropped off lots of goodies over the last year.
Here is a peak into the fun we had at Switch & Ditch…
AZ Assist – Switch & Ditch
Oh AND this is also a “photo a day” 2. Empty – Not. It looks like a store.
It is said that learning new things keeps your mind working and staves off Alzheimer’s. Good thing as I need all the brain cells I can get. I have two stinkin smarty boys who keep me on my toes and a history of Alzheimer’s in the family. 2012 must be a year of learning. I am learning to blog (still working on it), I have learned several new apps, and some new business tools. We are just half way through the year, wonder what’s next.
Today I wanted to share a new app I have been playing with, Pic Stitch. It is a free iPhone app. It allows you to photo “block” your pictures into one pic. Kinda cool. I had been seeing many of my instagram friends (also a new year learning thing) using something like this and wanted to figure it out. My awesome niece lead me to the app and history is made. 🙂
Here’s a quick how to. Super easy you don’t really even need me to show you but I am pretty proud of myself for figuring it out. I used it for May 28 photo a day
28. Weather Rain Dance (the end result) Sweet P was dancing in the living room as it was just to hot to go outside. When he grabbed the maracas it reminded me of a “rain dance”.
Weather – Rain Dance
When in Pic Stitch you’ll have some options to choose from on how many photos and the shape/layout you want. I started with these three photos.
You can edit them right within the app, cropping changing the lighting you can even add silly stickers if you want. Haven’t tried that one yet myself but my hubby has a super funny one he did. Since I added the writing on with another app I saved this layout and added the words. I do believe that Pic Stick has a word option… still learning. 🙂 When you upload to Instagram you can still play with the lighting.
I am already in trouble, I just know it. I am not suppose to post this photo of my mom and I as per request of my dad. So, if you are reading this and know my family please just keep it our little secret.
My “mum” is one of the most important people in my life. I have learned about my faith from her sitting on her lap and listening to stories about Jesus. And seeing her love for Him as an great example. She’s stood by me through thick and thin. Held me in my childhood and adulthood through deep grief. We have laughed ourselves to tear more times than I can even count.
13. Mum Here is the women who gave me life. I love her so.
Love my mom!
I could not do a post on mums without mentioning my hubbies mom. She has raised 5 kids (1 girl, 4 boys). My head spins just thinking about that. She did such a great job raising those kids. I am so blessed by the friendship we have. I am happy to call her mom.
Fashion is a daily thing for me. Here are a few from the month from the “photo a day challenge” on instagram. If you’d like to “follow me” I’m thejackiestyle.
3. Something you wore today I have a challenge getting my own photo of the outfits I wear. I have been trying different angles and what not. I don’t really have a great mirror to get the look I want and the from above angle doesn’t flatter me. Urg! So this is what I came up with this time. If you have any suggestions on how to get a better “outfit of the day” photo I’d love it. 🙂
Something you wore today.
4. fun! I was meting with an awesome friend I have known forever and we love fashion & make-up so we always end up talking about it when we are together.
Fun! – Coffee with a friend.
6. you We were visiting the in-laws and I found a quiet spot to take this shot. Totally casual and wearing jean shorts and a new grey shiny shirt from the May Switch & Ditch.
You – Who me?
24. Something new I found these beauties while doing a video blog at AZ Salvation Army (to be posted soon). They were $6.00! Kenneth Coles. I wear them almost everyday.
Something new – shoes!
30. Your Personality This was a tough topic. I am easy to read but I couldn’t figure out how to make it come through in a photo. My C Boy had a Tea for all the moms who volunteered in the class. He told me, “Mom, you have to wear a hat, it is a tea.” So I grabbed one of my hats. I was the only mom in a hat. He was very excited. When I posted the photo on FB my friends said they saw joy. What do you think?
Happy Day! I have made it into the same month which the photos have been taken. Happy Dance.
1. Peace When I really need to feel peace or I am seeking peace I head to my Bible and look for a quite moment. With two little boys this is not always easy. The angel was a gift from a friend. It is a book mark I keep it in my Bible.
Yes, my friends I am still catching up. I have no excuses just that I am a wife, mom and business woman that just plain and simple has a lot on my plate. Keeping up with the regular day to day just in one of those areas can be… well… you know. 🙂
28. 1pm I even thought about the time several times as the day went on and still missed 1pm, but I got 2pm, which is 1pm in California… right? This is what was happening. Sweet P was playing with a cup on our way home from a birthday party. They had a great time but missed quiet time.
1pm (in California) Sweet P.
30. Something that makes you sad This is a “posed” photo but I think any parent would say when your child is sad or hurt your heart breaks. Just today Sweet P fell and bonked his side. Daddy was closer but he came looking for me with this little pout and “mama…” Don’t these sad faces just make your heart break.
When I first read the challenge I thought it meant where I went THAT day. When I started seeing what my friends were posting I realized it could possibly mean somewhere I went traveling. I chose to post both.
27. Somewhere you went That day – had coffee with a friend.
Somewhere you went – Starbuck
Somewhere you went – Rome, Italy with my sweetheart. (2008)