I have been trying to “theme” the photos to make more cohesive content as I blog the photos, but it looks like the last two photos for May are going to be random. If you are actually counting the days of the month you may have noticed that one day is missing. For some reason I couldn’t get it to post. It was the 19th (a favorite place). My favorite place is Paris, France. The photo was taken by my husband. I wish I could show you. When I figure out how to make it post I’ll share it with you. In the mean time, here is the last of May.
23. Technology I married into Apple/Mac. Hubby even calls himself iPat and the boys are mini and nano. lol.
Technology – Apple
26. 12 o’clock Sweet P and I went to a 3rd Birthday party of a friend. It was Mickey Mouse themed. She did a crazy awesome job. Mickey shaped food, water bottles with Mickey on them, color theme (black, white red and polka dots), banners and more. I wish I could have gotten more photos but I was running after a silly 2 year old.
12 o’clock – Partying Birthday Style
Yeah, now I get to catch up on June. Have a wonderful day!
It is said that learning new things keeps your mind working and staves off Alzheimer’s. Good thing as I need all the brain cells I can get. I have two stinkin smarty boys who keep me on my toes and a history of Alzheimer’s in the family. 2012 must be a year of learning. I am learning to blog (still working on it), I have learned several new apps, and some new business tools. We are just half way through the year, wonder what’s next.
Today I wanted to share a new app I have been playing with, Pic Stitch. It is a free iPhone app. It allows you to photo “block” your pictures into one pic. Kinda cool. I had been seeing many of my instagram friends (also a new year learning thing) using something like this and wanted to figure it out. My awesome niece lead me to the app and history is made. 🙂
Here’s a quick how to. Super easy you don’t really even need me to show you but I am pretty proud of myself for figuring it out. I used it for May 28 photo a day
28. Weather Rain Dance (the end result) Sweet P was dancing in the living room as it was just to hot to go outside. When he grabbed the maracas it reminded me of a “rain dance”.
Weather – Rain Dance
When in Pic Stitch you’ll have some options to choose from on how many photos and the shape/layout you want. I started with these three photos.
You can edit them right within the app, cropping changing the lighting you can even add silly stickers if you want. Haven’t tried that one yet myself but my hubby has a super funny one he did. Since I added the writing on with another app I saved this layout and added the words. I do believe that Pic Stick has a word option… still learning. 🙂 When you upload to Instagram you can still play with the lighting.
I am already in trouble, I just know it. I am not suppose to post this photo of my mom and I as per request of my dad. So, if you are reading this and know my family please just keep it our little secret.
My “mum” is one of the most important people in my life. I have learned about my faith from her sitting on her lap and listening to stories about Jesus. And seeing her love for Him as an great example. She’s stood by me through thick and thin. Held me in my childhood and adulthood through deep grief. We have laughed ourselves to tear more times than I can even count.
13. Mum Here is the women who gave me life. I love her so.
Love my mom!
I could not do a post on mums without mentioning my hubbies mom. She has raised 5 kids (1 girl, 4 boys). My head spins just thinking about that. She did such a great job raising those kids. I am so blessed by the friendship we have. I am happy to call her mom.
16. What you’re reading Part of the “requirements” for my mastermind group has been for us to read a book of Proverbs before each time we meet. This is the one I was reading the week of the 16th. This is my favorite portion:
What you’re reading – Proverbs
29. A Number One of the most important numbers… John 3:16. This number gives me my faith, hope and salvation. It is a number of promise.
17. Snack This really is one of my snacks not for the boys. I have given up sweets and want to increase my protein. It is an ongoing process.
18. Something you made I have always been intimidated by the thought of canning. I appreciate foods that are canned but never really thought that I would do it. A few friends and I got together to learn how. I participated in making strawberry jam. Sooo yummy! and way easier than I ever thought it would be. I think canning is best as a group activity. Not sure I would do it by myself.
Something you made – Strawberry Jan
27. Something Sweet We celebrated my brother in law’s birthday and this is the yummy cake they got for him. Wish I could have eaten some.
As much as I love my home it is not always up to photographic par. It happens that both of the photos in regard to my home are of the kitchen. This room is in constant disarray and other than the living room the most lived in.
5. Bird Decor on the cabinets. My mom calls him Clarence. She gave him to me after her cat would hunt him down and carry him all over the house.
Bird – Decor – Clarence
11. Kitchen I have a constant stream of dishes in my sink or on the counter. On this day it was particularly so I purposely “blurred” the photo. It just felt no matter which direction I tried to take a “kitchen” photo it was a mess. I need to have company over more so I am motivated to super clean.
Fashion is a daily thing for me. Here are a few from the month from the “photo a day challenge” on instagram. If you’d like to “follow me” I’m thejackiestyle.
3. Something you wore today I have a challenge getting my own photo of the outfits I wear. I have been trying different angles and what not. I don’t really have a great mirror to get the look I want and the from above angle doesn’t flatter me. Urg! So this is what I came up with this time. If you have any suggestions on how to get a better “outfit of the day” photo I’d love it. 🙂
Something you wore today.
4. fun! I was meting with an awesome friend I have known forever and we love fashion & make-up so we always end up talking about it when we are together.
Fun! – Coffee with a friend.
6. you We were visiting the in-laws and I found a quiet spot to take this shot. Totally casual and wearing jean shorts and a new grey shiny shirt from the May Switch & Ditch.
You – Who me?
24. Something new I found these beauties while doing a video blog at AZ Salvation Army (to be posted soon). They were $6.00! Kenneth Coles. I wear them almost everyday.
Something new – shoes!
30. Your Personality This was a tough topic. I am easy to read but I couldn’t figure out how to make it come through in a photo. My C Boy had a Tea for all the moms who volunteered in the class. He told me, “Mom, you have to wear a hat, it is a tea.” So I grabbed one of my hats. I was the only mom in a hat. He was very excited. When I posted the photo on FB my friends said they saw joy. What do you think?