Here is a small glimpse into my home from the Photo a Day challenge for June for days 13, 21, 27, 28, and 30. There are parts of my home that I truly love the way it looks and feels. Then there are other parts that in this phase of my life is a challenge to keep up.
13. Art We were once told by an interior designer that most people don’t have enough artwork to work with for a redesign. We have an over abundance. We truly appreciate art and having beautiful pieces on our walls. We have a small home and our wall space is limited. We switch things around from time to time. Mostly I dream of the day we’ll have enough room for most of our “collection” to be displayed. Here is one of my favorites. It was a wedding gift from our dear friends.
21. Where you slept Trying to make ones bedroom a haven is not the easiest thing with kids. It should be a place I can come to and feel like Jackie not mom or wife or… you know what I mean. Anyway, I am constantly finding cars, legos, stuffed animals and small people clothes in my bed, on the floor, or in my closet. It also ends up being the catch all space for the “stuff” you’re not sure where it should go when people pop over. Here is where I sleep under a beautiful parisian painting.
27. Bathroom Yes, this is one of the rooms you may not ever get a great pic of… before kids it was a cute room. Not it is a boy bathroom. Still the same color and decor just “kid-a-fide”. We’d been swimming so these are the pretty beach towels hanging to dry.
28. On the Shelf This shelf is above the painting of Paris from above. It is one of the areas I feel is most “me”. We did well with color selection, composition, and theme. I try to remember if I could do it once I can do it again.
30. Friend For some reason I wasn’t with friends on this day. However, we have a wall of family and friends in our living room. The boys love looking up there and finding themselves and our different friends. We need to get a few more frames as our memories continue to grow each year as well as our children. Sweet P is always looking for more photos of him. Being the 2nd child we have tons of photos, just not on the wall yet. Poor Baby. Need to remedy that.
How do you keep “you” in a home full of “kid-ness”?