What fun! National Doughnut Day. Who doesn’t like doughnuts, especially FREE ones. I didn’t eat any since I am still on my no sweets commitment… life change… thing. I took my mom and the boys over to our FAVORITE doughnut shop, Krispy Kreme. I have loved this place since I was a kid and my dad use to take my brother and I once a week after we dropped my mom at work. Good memories. Anyway, you can see them making the doughnuts through a window and the kids love it. (OK me too.)
1. Morning At National Doughnut Day. We had to wait in this crazy line, since everyone was there for a free doughnut.
Morning – waiting in line and saw a Vintage sign on the wall
We of course didn’t just get our free doughnut we had to get a dozen…
I have been trying to “theme” the photos to make more cohesive content as I blog the photos, but it looks like the last two photos for May are going to be random. If you are actually counting the days of the month you may have noticed that one day is missing. For some reason I couldn’t get it to post. It was the 19th (a favorite place). My favorite place is Paris, France. The photo was taken by my husband. I wish I could show you. When I figure out how to make it post I’ll share it with you. In the mean time, here is the last of May.
23. Technology I married into Apple/Mac. Hubby even calls himself iPat and the boys are mini and nano. lol.
Technology – Apple
26. 12 o’clock Sweet P and I went to a 3rd Birthday party of a friend. It was Mickey Mouse themed. She did a crazy awesome job. Mickey shaped food, water bottles with Mickey on them, color theme (black, white red and polka dots), banners and more. I wish I could have gotten more photos but I was running after a silly 2 year old.
12 o’clock – Partying Birthday Style
Yeah, now I get to catch up on June. Have a wonderful day!
It is said that learning new things keeps your mind working and staves off Alzheimer’s. Good thing as I need all the brain cells I can get. I have two stinkin smarty boys who keep me on my toes and a history of Alzheimer’s in the family. 2012 must be a year of learning. I am learning to blog (still working on it), I have learned several new apps, and some new business tools. We are just half way through the year, wonder what’s next.
Today I wanted to share a new app I have been playing with, Pic Stitch. It is a free iPhone app. It allows you to photo “block” your pictures into one pic. Kinda cool. I had been seeing many of my instagram friends (also a new year learning thing) using something like this and wanted to figure it out. My awesome niece lead me to the app and history is made. 🙂
Here’s a quick how to. Super easy you don’t really even need me to show you but I am pretty proud of myself for figuring it out. I used it for May 28 photo a day
28. Weather Rain Dance (the end result) Sweet P was dancing in the living room as it was just to hot to go outside. When he grabbed the maracas it reminded me of a “rain dance”.
Weather – Rain Dance
When in Pic Stitch you’ll have some options to choose from on how many photos and the shape/layout you want. I started with these three photos.
You can edit them right within the app, cropping changing the lighting you can even add silly stickers if you want. Haven’t tried that one yet myself but my hubby has a super funny one he did. Since I added the writing on with another app I saved this layout and added the words. I do believe that Pic Stick has a word option… still learning. 🙂 When you upload to Instagram you can still play with the lighting.
I am already in trouble, I just know it. I am not suppose to post this photo of my mom and I as per request of my dad. So, if you are reading this and know my family please just keep it our little secret.
My “mum” is one of the most important people in my life. I have learned about my faith from her sitting on her lap and listening to stories about Jesus. And seeing her love for Him as an great example. She’s stood by me through thick and thin. Held me in my childhood and adulthood through deep grief. We have laughed ourselves to tear more times than I can even count.
13. Mum Here is the women who gave me life. I love her so.
Love my mom!
I could not do a post on mums without mentioning my hubbies mom. She has raised 5 kids (1 girl, 4 boys). My head spins just thinking about that. She did such a great job raising those kids. I am so blessed by the friendship we have. I am happy to call her mom.
Have you ever noticed that when you are in certain moods you buy certain colors? I am always drawn to purple, it’s “my color”. I am big on color as it is one of the areas I teach my clients about when I meet with them about personal style. I am “old school” and still see the value in color draping and knowing your best colors. That being said, I also understand that we go through color phases in our life, partly from the trends that are available to us and partly what our mood or out look is.
I have had some migraines lately and have been feeling pretty… well… cruddy. As I was going through my closet I noticed a new color trend that has never been there… Grey. Pretty much describes my mood too. Now, yes, grey is a great neutral, however, I tend toward black. I did have grey in my closet before this, like 2 things, but I have been choosing to purchase and wear grey a lot lately. I think I better go find some new purple things to see if it brings my mood up. I did luckily find some fabulous pink capris that have been fun to create new looks with.
Lots of grey for a purple girl.
What is your color trend and is it linked to your mood?
16. What you’re reading Part of the “requirements” for my mastermind group has been for us to read a book of Proverbs before each time we meet. This is the one I was reading the week of the 16th. This is my favorite portion:
What you’re reading – Proverbs
29. A Number One of the most important numbers… John 3:16. This number gives me my faith, hope and salvation. It is a number of promise.
17. Snack This really is one of my snacks not for the boys. I have given up sweets and want to increase my protein. It is an ongoing process.
18. Something you made I have always been intimidated by the thought of canning. I appreciate foods that are canned but never really thought that I would do it. A few friends and I got together to learn how. I participated in making strawberry jam. Sooo yummy! and way easier than I ever thought it would be. I think canning is best as a group activity. Not sure I would do it by myself.
Something you made – Strawberry Jan
27. Something Sweet We celebrated my brother in law’s birthday and this is the yummy cake they got for him. Wish I could have eaten some.